Tuesday, December 20, 2016

PREMIUM SPOTLIGHT AND TRAILER ON BRONTE SISTER BBC DRAMA 'TO WALK INVISIBLE' WITH CHARLIE MURPHY, JONATHAN PRYCE, ADAM NAGAITIS

  BBC'S 'TO WALK INVISIBLE'  
BRONTE SISTERS TV DRAMA
BBC has finally released a trailer for their December 29th two hours TV drama on Bronte sisters TO WALK INVISIBLE which tells the story behind these three women who, despite the obstacles they faced, came from obscurity to produce some of the greatest novels in the English language. The one-off drama has been both written and directed by Sally Wainwright.

WE MUST WALK INVISIBLE
The drama sees Charlotte, Emily and Anne Bronte face a bleak future, with their father half-blind and troubled brother Branwell in decline. As their situation worsens, Charlotte sees that writing could offer a way out. This is the story of the sisters' great novels and their extraordinary battle for recognition. 

JONATHAN PRYCE AND CHARLIE MURPHY LEAD THE CAST
Jonathan Pryce plays the role of the Brontë sisters’ father, Patrick, and is joined by Chloe Pirrie as Wuthering Heights author Emily Brontë. Finn Atkins portrays ambitious older sister Charlotte who wrote Jane Eyre and Charlie Murphy plays the determined, level headed younger sister Anne the author of novels Agnes Grey and The Tenant Of Wildfell Hall. Their reckless brother Branwell, whose destructive behaviour threatened to destroy his family, is played by always great Adam Nagaitis. Young British stars Joe Armstrong and Luke Newberry also star.

20 comments:

  1. Looks interesting! I have read some of their books- but don't know (or remember) much about them (which I realized after reading this post). Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read Wuthering Heights and quite liked it for its unusual depth compared to other British novels

      Delete
  2. Hello dahlink, I'm not dead, just been terribly busy. I'll be around again more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is this? I seem to vaguely recall someone blond and Irish, but it could be Ronan Keating. It is all ever so blurry to me....

      Delete
  3. Don't forget the poetry! This has a nice trailer and it's good to see what writers of the past went through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you do need to suffer to be a writer or an artist

      Delete
  4. Short and sweet trailer, but it does look good! I'll be looking forward to sitting down and watching it after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they will air it at BBC America or PBS possibly

      Delete
    2. I have a feeling this one will be on PBS. I'll keep an eye out!

      Delete
  5. You always give me the best hints on what to watch next!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the world would be at such a loss without me

      Delete
  6. I bet that will be an interesting story. I'm glad things have changed, and women can now write without fear of being rejected based on their gender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not that we don't wish some of them would not write :)

      Delete
  7. Angie loves the Brontë sisters. Those books cost me a fortune....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sell them for like 2 euro here with female magazines :)

      Delete
    2. Of course Angie prefers a special edition to test my love. :D

      Delete
    3. not the early copies or collector pieces? Meanwhile, I'm happy when I find a book for a euro or two on second hand book selling sites, I ain't paying 10 euro in bookshops

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.