Sunday, August 4, 2013

HOLLYWOOD SPY PRESENTS NEW SONGS: CELINE DION 'LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE', AVICII 'WAKE ME UP', LOREEN 'MY HEART IS REFUSING ME', HURTS 'SOMEBODY TO DIE FOR', ONE REPUBLIC 'COUNTING STARS', JOHN NEWMAN 'LOVE ME AGAIN'

CELINE DION
LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE
I shall delight you with some great new music today, people! Tones of inspiring new songs have been released recently, and we shall start with brand new one from the queen of pop music Celine Dion. She is returning after a long break and will release her first studio album in seven years in October to be titled WATER AND FLAME and the lead single will be LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE written by Sia. You can check out Celine's first live performance of the single below: ... but you stood my side
Night after night, light up the night
You loved me back to life,
From the darkness the wait is over.
You loved me back to life, life...

AVICII
 WAKE ME UP
Probably the biggest music attraction currently around the world is the smash new single from dance DJ AVICII - his brilliant and inspiring new song WAKE ME UP. With the vocals from Aloe Blacc the song has already hit number ones in amazing 40 countries!
Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a beating heart
I can't tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream
Life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes
Well that's fine by me
So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older

LOREEN
 MY HEART IS REFUSING ME
Swedish superstar Loreen, who amazed the world last year with her song EUPHORIA, the winner of 2012 Eurosong competition, has finally shot a brilliant video for her stunningly atmospheric song MY HEART IS REFUSING ME. Check it out below:
I've been crushed beaten down
And I'm frozen to the ground
Like a fool I've trusted you
Still I'm hopelessly in love,
Now I wanna leave but I'm lost
So now I can't break away
Although I've made up my mind
My heart is refusing me

HURTS
SOMEBODY TO DIE FOR
Another fantastic song comes from brilliant British band HURTS. They've seduced us last year with their stunning hits WONDERFUL LIFE, STAY and BETTER THAN LOVE, and this year they're back with a new album. They bring brilliant lyrics and sensual 80's tunes and emotions back into trend! The third single from it is SOMEBODY TO DIE FOR: Check out the amazing lyrics:
 I could drag you from the ocean,
I could pull you from the fire
And when you're standing in the shadows
I could open up the sky
And I could give you my devotion
Until the end of time
And you will never be forgotten
With me by your side
And I don't need this life
I just need…Somebody to die for
Somebody to cry for

ONE REPUBLIC
 COUNTING STARS
Most of you know that HOLLYWOOD SPY's favourite band ever is ONE REPUBLIC! After legendary hits APOLOGIZE and ALL THE RIGHT PLACES, they have another outstanding song called COUNTING STARSLately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars!

JOHN NEWMAN
 LOVE ME AGAIN
And our last song in today's session comes from John Newman, young British hope, who recently released his smash hit LOVE ME AGAIN. The tune is super catchy  and deeply contagious :) It’s unforgivable,
I stole and burnt your soul
Is that what demons do?
They rule the worst of me
Destroy everything,
They bring down angels like you
Now I’m rising from the ground
Rising up to you
Filled with all the strength I found
There's nothing I can’t do!

16 comments:

  1. WAKE ME UP great song i like played this on my guitar ;)
    Greetings .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you play it brilliantly, Vincent! You should post a video of it :)

      Delete
  2. Well, well, well, you did a music post today. Of course I've not heard of most of these people (we know how old I am), but I do like that One Republic song. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these are mostly European artists and that is exactly why I decided to present them to the wider audiences :)
      One Republic's new song has so many deep meanings, and even the video is deeply meaningful set against capitalism.
      I'm surprised you didn't notice John Newman's video, it's actually a modern Romeo and Juliet and ends shockingly just like in Shaky Will's play :)

      Delete
    2. I did listen to that one and had it stuck in my head for quite awhile after I left your site. Thought it was quite good. Poor star-crossed lovers. They never get a break. :)

      Delete
    3. it's a contagious tune, isn't it? :) And I like the lyrics too since we don't often get a song in which somebody feels sorry for what they did. Most of today's songs are either vengeful or nonsensical.

      Delete
  3. Loved the musical Sunday Dezzy. That last song really did have a shocking ending. I just about choked on my Diet Pepsi. I always enjoy your music gems though.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would love it, Donnzie :) And that video really ends shockingly :(

      Delete
  4. A musical smorgasbord! Thanks, Dezzy. Most enjoyable indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am listening to them all Dezzy ~ My favorite though is Wake Me Up ~ One Republic music is good but the video is kind of weird and that last video had a shocking ending :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crocodile in One Republic video represents hungry capitalism and the whole in the floor is also very symbolical :) The video is also an attack on how the crowds are blinded almost religiously by media and political propaganda in their country.

      Delete
  6. Wait a minute, these aren't movies! We've been tricked!

    I only recognize Celine Dion though, and that's just because my parents like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't heard of One Republic? But they are huge in USA too and in Canada.

      Delete
  7. How long have I been away from Blogger? You did a music post, Dezzy! You switched it all up and made me very confused. Okay, granted, that's not very hard to do, but still! It's to early in the morning for such confusion =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have music posts before :) not too often, but sometimes, usually when there are no movie news to present. And music videos are part of TV so they fit HOLLYWOOD SPY too

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.