Saturday, August 11, 2012

SAOIRSE RONAN IS "MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS"! "LIBERAL ARTS" TRAILER WITH JOSH RADNOR & ELIZABETH OLSEN! 80'S "ALF" SITCOM GETS A MOVIE ADAPTATION!

 Amazing news for all you historical dramas fans! "Deadline" reports today that after seeing the amazing Shekhar Kapur's saga
 about ELIZABETH I with Cate Blanchett we shall see the story of MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS on film too!  It's not surprising that it will be produced by legendary Michael Hirst who wrote ELIZABETH THE GOLDEN AGE and THE TUDORS. He also wrote the screenplay for the film on the Scottish queen and is currently looking for a director. But he has already found his actress: Saoirse Ronan will play Mary who was crowned the Queen of Scotland before her first birthday. Her first husband also became the King of France, making her the queen consort in 1559. Her reign went downhill from there, after marrying her first cousin before he was murdered. She then married the man accused of killing her former husband, which caused an uprising that resulted in her imprisonment. She was executed at the age of 18, for her alleged part in an assassination attempt on England's Queen Elizabeth I, Mary's cousin.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
I've mentioned this project a year or so ago, but it seems the movie adaptation of famous 80's sitcom ALF is now going ahead again: according to "Heat Vision" it will be produced by THE SMURFS producer and by the original creators of the show which followed the suburban Tanner family, who find a furry alien from the planet Melmac that crash landed in their garage. The Tanners take in the extraterrestrial, who has a penchant for eating cats and cracking wise. The title is an acronym for Alien Life Form.

LIBERAL ARTS TRAILER
Your trailer this Saturday is for funny and moving romantic drama
LIBERAL ARTS in which two adorable people Elizabeth Olsen and HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER's Josh Radnor play an unusual couple. Radnor plays a thirty-something Jesse who is invited back to his alma mater, where he falls for a young 19-year-old college student and is faced with the powerful attraction that springs up between them.He has to conquer the age difference and his inner fears. It is interesting that the film was both written and directed by Radnor himself. Check out the clip. The film is out September 14th.

34 comments:

  1. A movie version of Alf????? Please say it isn't so!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why, not, sister, don't you miss darling old Alf? :) It was my fave sitcom as a kid!

      Delete
    2. Alf, yes, I remember. My kid brother was a fan of his. I wonder if he's looking forward to watching this movie. :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVED Alf and am very, very excited to see it on film. I miss that wise-cracking furball.

    Liberal Arts looks very good and one I will have on my must watch list.

    I adored teh Elizabeth films and I do can't wait to see what he does with Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he was the cutest :) Especially his bond with Tanners' cat :)
      MARY should be amazing, I've always loved her story and have read tones of books on her. Not sure about Saoirse playing her, but I will give her the benefit of doubt.

      Delete
  3. I loved ALF, but I'm not sure how it'll work on the big screen. Hope it's a hit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be most definitely, the whole world loved Alf :)

      Delete
  4. I recognize the puppet "Alf", but I don't remember a show. I'm off to a youtube spree right now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon you were'nt even born from 1986 to 1990. when the sitcom was on :) I was a little kid then and Alf was my fave character ever :)

      Delete
  5. awww! liberal arts looks cute! (what i could play of it that is, my computer is messing with me.)
    and that mary queen of scots could be real nifty! :) YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liberal Arts is something I want to watch.

    ALF on the big screen? I haven't seen that alien in two decades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I really miss the crazy furry alien :) Those were lovely years when sitcoms weren't offensive but warm and kind.

      Delete
  7. The trailer is so sweet...and I like Mary, the Queen of Scots..she lived a short life ~

    Happy weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed she did, most of Elizabeth's rivals died young :(

      Delete
  8. Gawd, didn't we suffer enough with ALF on TV????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not if you ask me :) Is that HRH speaking instead of you :)

      Delete
  9. I liked Alf. We'll have to see how weird they make the movie though. The Liberal Arts movie look like a good one to veg out to on a Sunday. Had some really great dialogue.

    Loved your movie gem too Dezzy. For some reason, I'm now in the mood for some Pink Floyd though. I'm thinking the Pulse CDs.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked music gem, it's a very sexy song :) about two people who meet while going out at night and the night is all they have :) Very spicy.

      Delete
  10. Oh, you know I'll be watching the Mary Queen of Scots movie. But that will be some revision of history if they show her being beheaded at eighteen. Saoirse will need to play a forty four year old woman. :PP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it might focus only on those early years when she grew up at the French court and when she went over to Scotland to take over her throne. It is an extremely complex story. My fave book about her is by famous German writer Stephen Zweig.

      Delete
  11. I actually really like the movie trailer for Liberal Arts. It's witty and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My god, Elizabeth kicks Ashley and Mary-Kate asses so hard :P I know it's mean but it's quite true too... I also love her voice, so warm and mature.

    About "Alf": I wonder if they're going to keep the puppet or just create it with computers...

    Still nice to come here (when there's no "Game of Thrones" spoilers haha)

    Lucinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haven't heard any fresh spoilers on GOT :) But will relate them as soon as I get them :)

      ALF will probably be CGI in a realistic live action setting, like the Smurfs were.

      Delete
  13. Mary Queen of Scots looks good to me. Abd the director has plenty to work with. For that story was one filled with conniving, cruelty and sorrow. Has potential to be another hit.

    I never saw that Alf thing darling, but it doesn't look to be my cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, there is always cruelty, sorrow and bloodshed when religious fanatics (or the oil thirsty ones on modern times) fight for the rule or some throne...

      Darling, you would love ALF, since it had very witty humour and ALF is your type of charming men :))) OK,he's alien, but you know what I mean.

      Delete
  14. I'm excited about Mary. It could turn out to be an amazing film.

    And Alf was the icon of my childhood so I'll be checking out the movie for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fingers crossed, I do love the story and the genre!

      Delete
  15. Oh Saoirse Ronan playing Mary Queen of Scots is already penciled as a must see. Can't think of a better actress to play the part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it should be really great if they make it a drama about her inner struggle as well.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.