Thursday, October 27, 2011

KARL URBAN IN "OVERDRIVE". SPOOKY "GRIM NIGHT" & APOCALYPTIC "THE END"! "GRACE OF MONACO" BIOPIC! "HOMELAND", "THE WALKING DEAD", "FALLING SKIES" GET NEW SEASONS!

 Our favourite Karl Urban has signed on for the lead role in OVERDRIVE, in which he and Ben Barnes star as a pair of car-thief brothers, who venture to the south of France to find more
work, and end up getting in over their heads. You probably remember that the first choices for the duo were Alex Pettyfer and Matthew Goode. MovieWeb has a report today on GRACE OF MONACO, a biopic of famous Grace Kelly, a Hollywood star whose life changed drastically after marrying Prince Rainer of Monaco. The film will be similar to THE KING'S SPEECH, since it will tell her personal tale against the political backdrop of the 1960s, when Monaco was embroiled in a heated dispute with France and Grace's diplomatic maneuvering brought the conflict to an end.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
When it comes to TV news, TNT has started shooting the 2nd season of this summer's hit alien invasion show FALLING SKIES with Noah Wyle, AMC has ordered the 3rd season of THE WALKING DEAD zombie show which opened its second season
with record breaking numbers, and Showtime has renewed HOMELAND with Damian Lewis and Claire Danes for the 2nd season. Deadline reports that Universal has grabbed thriller GRIM NIGHT after seeing the exciting teaser trailer for the spec script which describes a night that happens once a year globally, where people lock themselves at home and fend off the senseless and random attacks by Grims. Warner Bros. has picked up THE END, a science fiction story with three interconnected storylines in which different people are trying to reconcile with the fact that the world is going to end in just six hours due to some interstellar event.  

And speaking of zombies, check out the first poster for PARANORMAN an interesting new animated flick which should hit cinemas next August with the story set in a small town which
comes under siege by zombies. Who can it call? Only misunderstood local boy Norman who is able to speak with the dead. In addition to the zombies, he’ll have to take on ghosts, witches and, worst of all, moronic grown-ups, to save his town from a centuries-old curse. But this young ghoul whisperer may find his paranormal activities pushed to their otherworldly limits.

29 comments:

  1. So it's just overdrive, not Maximum Overdrive? The trucks with the joker faces are going to be very disapointed..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. no maximum this time, Pat the Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you hit me with a double shot of gorgeous with that first picture.
    Overdrive goes on the To Be Watched List. :))

    And I told you, Dezzy. Zombies are taking over the world!! They had a big zombie-fest here in Denver this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The comedic ladies poll was very difficult. Some great ladies on that list! (But where's Tina Fey???) :)
    I voted Mila because I love That 70's Show and the Forgetting Sarah Marshall movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOA!! Today is the day for awesome movie duo! I just heard that Rufus Sewell & Gabriel Byrne are starring in a movie together and now Ben Barnes AND Karl Urban as brothers?? Sign me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad Homeland has been renewed - thanks for the good news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd much rather see Karl than Matthew, though Matthew is cute. However, Karl is HOT and he should be in everything. ;) But I'm preaching to the choir about Karl's looks. ;)

    ParaNorman is everything I could want in an animated feature. I have got to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the walkind dead is so cool
    i love this serie
    excellent post :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for making my day; I love HOMELAND and Zombies! Grim looks good, lol~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paranorman sounds cute, I'm looking forward to seeing that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karl Urban is the man and animated zombies...quality stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aren't all zombies animated? Or, I suppose, re-animated?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to watch the series Homeland. I think it would be interesting. Also, I'm happy that they are finally doing a biopic on Kelly. She was an amazing person (whose life sadly got cut short) and I would like to learn more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awwww!!! paranorman looks too cute!

    also- can't stomach ben barnes after that absolutely horrid dorian grey flick. i couldn't make it through that one. yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Luanne
    I know, in this dark hours of zombie apocalypse, Karl is the only one who could save us ... at least by giving us some comfort when we stare at his pic :)

    @Kelly
    sorry, Kels, but I can't stand Fey nor that type of talentless comedians.

    @Flixy
    I haven't heard of that one with RufRuf and Gabriel. I must investigate it later on :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Fabo
    I don't watch it, but as you know I'm glad for our dear Damian :)

    @Melsy
    yep, you're preaching to the choir :) But you gave me the idea that Karl and Matthew should do a film together :) I might die after that one :)

    @Damon
    it is a cool show, different from everything else on TV

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Ella
    be welcome Ella, glad you liked the news today :)

    @Adam
    it will be a cool animated flick for sure

    @Jamie
    can't wait to see some pics from the film and trailer probably early next year

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Lurk
    he IS the man!

    @Josh
    nope, they are real, very real. Better check your neighborhood! Or your own pulse :P

    @Clarissa
    yes, I'm kinda shocked that nobody made a film about her before, she really is one of the biggest icons ever. Hope Winslet or Blanchett will play her :)

    @Vics
    I'm with you on Ben. It's not that I hate him or something, but I just don't see his appeal with him being so expressionless, cold, like some mannequin or a puppet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Want to watch paranorman.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, a third season of The Walking Dead? It's a lot more popular than I initially expected.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Pesos
    it is a nice film

    @DWei
    it is a global phenomenon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dezzy - PARANORMAN sounds like it'll be fun. HOMELAND has been good. I like Claire Danes in this role.

    ReplyDelete
  23. If Grace of Monaco ends up as good as Kings Speech it will definitely be worth a watch. And paranorman sounds fun

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Shells
    it sure does :)
    I'm personally not watching HOMELAND due to its topic, but I know it has a lot of viewers

    @Dirty
    I hope they will GRACE film as an Oscar vehicle for some great actress.

    ReplyDelete
  25. ooo, love Clare Danes, and a movie about Princess Grace would be too cool. I would love that--esp. by those King's Speech fellows. I hope it's awesome. Thanks, Dezzy~ :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. it won't be made by those fellows :) but it will be similar to the film in following a turbulent period in the life of a ruler .

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.