Friday, July 1, 2011

1ST TRAILER FOR "TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY" WITH TOM HARDY, RALPH FIENNES, COLIN FIRTH & GARY OLDMAN! CHRIS HEMSWORTH IS "SHADOW HUNTER"! DIABLO CODY HELMS "LAMB OF GOD"!

Diablo Cody, whom some like as the writer of JUNO, and I like her for UNITED STATES OF TARA, will direct her first film. It will be LAMB OF GOD, a comedy about a young conservative religious
woman who loses her faith after a plane crash and decides to go to Las Vegas to live the life of a sinner. According to "Variety", the writer of HORRIBLE BOSSES is working on KING OF ELVES, an animated film about an average Mississippi man whose reluctant actions to help a desperate band of elves leads them to name him their new king. Hunky Chris Thor Hemsworth, who is quickly becoming a huge star in Hollywood will star in SHADOW HUNTER,  a new action thriller about an elite team of covert operatives who are great in finding ways to complete the most impossible missions.

Some great new images have just been released for what promises to be a barbaric visual feast when CONAN THE BARBARIAN comes out this August. Starring Jason Momoa, Ron Perlman, Rachel Nichols and Rose McGowan, the remake of the 80's
classic will begin with a personal vendetta of the fierce Cimmerian warrior which soon turns into an epic battle against hulking rivals, horrific monsters, and impossible odds, as Conan realizes he is the only hope of saving the great nations of Hyboria from an encroaching reign of supernatural evil.
____________________________________________________
You've probably seen by now, the first trailer released earlier today for British action TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY which
premieres this Autumn with the most amazing cast including Tom Hardy, Ralph Fiennes, Colin Firth, Gary Oldman, Benedict Cumberbatch (from BBC's SHERLOCK) and Ciaran Hinds (Caesar from ROME). This movie adaptation of  a popular cold war bestseller by famous John Le Carre is set in the aftermath of the cold war, and it tells the thrilling tale of a spy-hunt within the highest echelons of the British Secret Intelligence Service. Back in the 1970's there was a very popular TV show based on the same book which became a television classic in Great Britain.

32 comments:

  1. loved the music in the trailer. Not a huge fan of spy movies though.

    um... I must be internet challenged because I can't find that green thingy you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Conan pics. :)

    King of elves sounds, um, weird. And not in a good way. Not sure about that one. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy on the other hand has a great cast and could be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like spy movies either, which is kinda paradoxical :)

    You have those bars left from the http:// address only if you use Firefox I think, and they are now gray but will become green if you keep clicking on them when at HOLLYWOOD SPY :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Luanne
    yes, I think KING OF ELVES won't be what we expect :) but something trashy :)
    CONAN pics are very promising :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo, TTSS looks good! And it's nice to see John Hurt in a movie again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is going to be awesome. Love the idea. Love the cast. Love the trailer. Great piece of news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Conan is looking stranger by the minute....
    Not sure what to think of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is a fantastic novel and this is one awesomely talented cast. I cannot wait for this.

    Those Conan posters have me drooling. I really, rally want to see this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I used firefox I'd be giving you lots of green love. :-) Also, I daresay I want to see Conan just because Rose McGowen's face freaks me out in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. im looking forward to em! i love colin firth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - Wooohoooo! I get to see Colin Firth AND Benedict Cumberbatch (my favorite Sherlock Holmes!) in the same movie. :D *does the happy dance*

    p.s. I use Rockmelt so I can't click the Firefox thingy :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yar, Tinker Tonker Swirly Wotsit is getting mucho love with that trailer and rightfully so!! It's a cracker!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is that the new Conan? He looks kinda small to be a Conan. :) Still, pretty big shoes to fill considering Arnold was Mr.Universe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Debra
    Hurt's in there too? There are so many stars in the trailer that I haven't noticed him :)

    @Matty
    ah, I knew that one would appeal to you :) it's a real film for male audience.

    @Drew
    I thought you prefer strange in films :) or was everything I saw at your blog in past year or more "unstrange" :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Melsy
    it is a very unique cast, isn't it? I reckon most of them accepted the job when they saw who else is in the cast :)
    And CONAN should end up our summer in a glorious barbaric way :)

    @LC
    and not just the face, her hairdo is also rather scary, but she IS playing a witch in the film :)

    @Onion
    ladies love Colin Firth :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Sam
    ah, I didn't know you are a Cumberbatch fan :) I was surprised to hear that he has quite a lot of lady fans around the world :) so he became a regular feature at HOLLYWOOD SPY recently :)

    @Custie
    must admit I didn't really get the trailer itself, but I do like the part of the cast, HArdy, Firth and Cumberbatch especially :)

    @HiFi
    small? Momoa is a rather big boy :) Haven't you seen him as Kal Drogo in GAME OF THRONES? He was extremely formidable in it and huge as a boulder :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. They're finally making a movie out of one of LeCarre's books? Awesome.

    But why is Gary Oldman's name not bold?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Conan the Barbarian looking really good, looks like a good facelift to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is this the Philip K. Dick "King of Elves" we're talking about here? That should be good. Probably way too early if they're still drafting, but any inklings on voice actors?

    ReplyDelete
  20. @MacNish
    sometimes I tend to avoid bolding the names of actors I don't really like, but don't tell anyone

    @Lurk
    a facelift is a great word for it, Lurk!

    @Josh
    I think it's not Dick's book, and no, off course, there is no voice cast yet :) Wanna go to the auditions? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, if you have an In for both of us, I'd take it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Chris Hemsworth looks way different in that picture.

    I saw a Conan trailer recently... didn't look so hot, hopefully it was just a bad trailer.

    Fantastic blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tinker Tailor Solider spy looks really good, and the director also directed Let The Right One n, which is one of my top movies :)

    And i liked Juno, although i'm not sold on the premise. I will wait for a trailer before deciding whether to put it on my radar or not

    ReplyDelete
  24. WANT.TO.SEE.TINKER.TAYLOR.SOLDIER.SPY.BADLY.

    By the way, what green bar on Firefox?

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Josh
    Josh, it turns out it IS Dick's book :) Sorry for misleading you :) And I shall check my connections in Hollywood for those auditions, we might get Elven roles after all!

    @Chris
    he does look different in almost all pictures, he is very photogenic and I believe he was a model before becoming THOR :)
    Glad you like the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Dirty
    I haven't watched LET THE RIGHT ONE IN since I can't stand one of the actresses :)
    And sorry for not commenting on your last post, but you know that as a psychologist I find that topic non-debatable. You will understand that, I'm sure.

    @Clarissa
    it's right there left from the address of my site, three little gray bars which turn green if the readers vote for the site.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I didn't see anyone with the first or last name Mulligan in the cast list for Let The Right One in, or the remake Let me in

    ReplyDelete
  28. ah, sorry, I mixed it up with NEVER LET ME GO :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I do sort of give Diablo a free pass for UNITED STATES OF TARA. Shame it was cancelled. :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. it's canceled? :(
    They did ruin the second season with too much focus on the daughter and Tara's sister instead on Tara herself and the amazingly interesting son, but I still loved the show. Toni Collette's performance was historical.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.