Saturday, July 16, 2011

1ST TRAILER FOR SCORSESE'S "HUGO" WITH JUDE LAW & BEN KINGSLEY. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE IN "FULLY AUTOMATED"! TOM HARDY IS AL CAPONE IN "CICERO"? CHRIS COLFER & CHRISTINA HENDRICKS ARE "STRUCK BY LIGHTNING"

 According to "Empire" our dear Justin Timberlake could take the lead role in FULLY AUTOMATED, a Joel Silver action thriller following two fresh-faced coppers who team up with a female Delta Force operative to take down a crazed mercenary with violent plans. After his extremely charming roles in BAD TEACHER and FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS this year, it seems Justin is going all action now. Empire also reports that another hunk, Tom Hardy could play Al Capone in CICERO which finds a young Capone making his way up the criminal hierarchy. Warner Bros. is even considering making this a trilogy which would follow the rise, rule and fall of the famous mobster.
___________________________________________________
If you like both GLEE and MAD MEN you will like a new film called STRUCK BY LIGHTNING. Based on the script written by GLEE's most popular member Chris Colfer, and staring also Christina Hendricks from MAD MEN, the film will see Chris Colfer's character being killed by a bolt of lightning in the opening moments of the movie. The rest of the movie is told through flashbacks and shows how the character blackmails his high school classmates into contributing to a literary magazine he is creating. The cast will also include Dermot Mulroney.
___________________________________________________
When it comes to new videos, today you have the honour of viewing the first trailer for Martin Scorsese's new film HUGO
which tells the story of an orphan boy living a secret life in the walls of a Paris train station. With the help of an eccentric girl, he searches for the answer to a mystery linking the father he recently lost, the ill-tempered toy shop owner living below him and a heart shaped lock, seemingly without a key. Based on the bestselling and award winning book from Brian Selznick this movie, coming out this November, has Jude Law, Ben Kingsley, Christopher Lee and Ray Winstone in the cast. The film was shot in 3D. The trailer features some really lovely visuals and some totally unfitting music.

23 comments:

  1. Justin Timberlake and hunkilicious do not compute. No.

    It's good to see young Chloe Moretz in a role where she isn't killing everyone and spraying blood all over the screen. Loved The Invention of Hugo Cabret book. I'm a little surprised it is directed by Scorsese, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooo excited about HUGO!!!! I haven't read the book and now I think I MUST! :D Have a great weekend, Dezzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Luanne
    no? :) Well, then let's just call him adorable ;)
    yes, we hate when kids are put in such horrible films, I have no respect for such directors, nor parents who would let their kids act in such projects.

    @Samy
    glad you like the trailer, and have a great weekend too, my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Hugo. Scorsese is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you like him a lot, Matty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there nothing Timberlake can't do???
    Comedy, action, music, improv, Brittany Spears (when it still mattered), Cameron Diaz, Mila Kunis....

    I say, NAY. --There is nothing that Justin Timberlake can't do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I misread "Tom Hardy" as "Tom Hanks" and thought "Gawd, he's too old to play a young Al Capone!" Oooops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not too sure about Hugo. I don't normally like kiddie stories like that.

    On the other hand I am very excited about the Capone film. Now that is more my speed. ;)

    I'm very intrigued by Colfer's project as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Andrew
    he really is omnipotent :) Not only that he is probably the best male pop star out there with numerous hits marked by incredible production quality, that he has the best videos and dance moves, but he also has other talents - from comedy ones to a rather charming and deeply seductive acting talent. He always shines with his charisma. And beside all the ladies you've mentioned, don't forget his biggest love - Jessica Biel, and also Olivia Munn :)
    And we must add his stunning looks and style to this list as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Debra
    nya, Hardy is gazillion times better than Hanks :)

    @Melsy
    yep, I usually don't go for this kind of films either and I don't like Scorsese either.
    And Colfer is quite a smart young man. He used his fame to promote his writing skills as well even though he's like 18 or something like that :) Great kid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, anything with Scorsese is going on my list! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. well, I'm glad you enjoyed the trailer, Emily :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hugo looks like a lot of fun, though it's wierd to see Mortez doing something normal and 'nice'. I don't think I'd be able to deal with that, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never seen her in anything, and I'm kinda glad I haven't having in mind your comment and above comments, I hate, really really hate, kids being used in violent movies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HUGO isn't doing it for me. I don't think it's just down to a poorly created trailer, the tone of it seems more silly than magical. Not everything Scorsese makes is good. KUNDUN was boring and THE AVIATOR was bland. The thing is when he's on form he is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I fully agree with you on his films often being boring and mediocre. This one also seems like it has nothing overly special in it, and I hope it's just the bad trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd watch a trilogy about Capone. Tom Hardy could pull it off, easily.

    "Hugo" sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like I lost my comment. Short version: Tom Hardy in a Capone trilogy would be awesome. "Hugo" sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you didn't lose the comment, Josh, it's here :)
    And we do love Hardy in everything (Except in that dark movie we don't like to mention here) :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is that the war film in an African country, or the set in space one?

    ReplyDelete
  21. no, it's the dark knight one ...

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's an odd photo of Justin...

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.