Thursday, July 28, 2011

1ST LOOK AT JOSH HUTCHERSON & LIAM HEMSWORTH IN "THE HUNGER GAMES"! 1ST TRAILER FOR STELLAR "NEW YEAR'S EVE"! AMAZING CONCEPT ART FOR ROBERT RODRIGUEZ' "FIRE AND ICE"!

 As "MovieWeb" reports Robert Zemeckis will direct HERE THERE BE MONSTERS, which will center on Revolutionary War hero John Paul Jones, but some gigantic sea monsters will also be featured in the story. The latest addition to G.I. JOE 2: COBRA STRIKES cast is Joe Mazzello whom we remember as the
little kid from JURASSIC PARK. He is now a grown up man and he will take the role of Mouse, a teen hunk who is apparently a big charmer and should attract teen girls to see the film. As you remember, the film already has Dwayne Johnson, Channing Tatum and Adrianne Palicki. The new issue of "Entertainment Weekly" features the first look on Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth, the male leads in THE HUNGER GAMES. I must admit I don't like the way they dyed Josh's hair blond.
_________________________________________________
First concept art for Robert Rodriguez' remake of FIRE AND ICE, which he announced at Comic Con, has been released by
"Entertainment Weekly". Based on the work of famous Frank Frazetta, the film should start shooting next year. The epic starts when, up from his stronghold in Ice Peak, the evil Nekron sends
forth a wave of deadly glaciers, forcing humanity to retreat to Fire Keep, a kingdom ruled by a generous king. When King Jarol's daughter Teegra is kidnapped, young warrior Larn teams with the
mysterious and legendary Dark Wolf, to rescue the princess and the realm from Nekron's evil sorcery.
_________________________________________________
And here's the first trailer for a film with an almost unbelievable cast. NEW YEAR'S EVE, which premieres this December directed
by famous Garry Marshall, will be similar to his previous film VALENTINES' DAY and will follow the lives of several couples and singles in New York which will intertwine in an unusual way over the course of New Year's Eve. The stellar cast includes Katherine Heigl, Robert De Niro, Jake Gyllenhaal, Zac Efron, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Sophia Vergara, Michelle Pfeiffer, Taylor Swift, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jon Bon Jovi, Til Schweiger, Josh Duhamel, Ryan Seacrest and many others! The trailer promises one of those charming and magical festive uplifting films!
PS have you noticed that Blogger has given us an option to install our own favicons (the small pic which appears up beside the address of your site) at the design page? I've put this little green flower of mine. Hope you like it :)

31 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of The Hunger Games, but sometimes it is a disappointment to see someone else's vision for the characters, especially when it doesn't match up with your own imagination. I like the look of the characters in my head better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ye, they should've exchanged the roles, since Liam is a natural blond and Josh a dark haired boy, or they should've given the roles to Hunter Parish and Ed Spelleers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - "Gale" looks pretty good, but the "Peeta" in my head is much prettier than this pic of Josh...ah, well. Sometimes it translates better on screen than print!

    And, yeah. The New Year's eve lineup looks interesting! Robert DeNiro, Jon BonJovi, and Ryan Seacrest???? I'll like to see how they all pair off ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the fact that Josh is actually a very good actor gives us some hope ...
    NEW YEAR'S EVE has a crazy cast :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Frank Frazetta art so I'm looking forward to Fire and Ice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frazetta was one of the best artists of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea about the source material, but I like Josh and he was good opposite the Bening and Julianne in TKAAR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhhh...is it just me or do the Hunger Games guys look like they're in their twenties??? Hot yes. Seventeen no. Oh well. But seriously, how do you get such beautiful pictures up here everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Hunger Games I am growing more and more interested in!!

    Heigl looks very very hot in that image Dezzy!!

    Great post again my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering what that favicon was? Beautiful fire and ice artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice concept arts for Fire and Ice!
    I dig number one and three the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Andrew
    Josh is one of the few talented young actors in Hollywood

    @Harry
    thanks, Harry, I wish the same to you ;)

    @Jessie
    the studio opted for a bit older actors because it is highly inappropriate putting kids in such violent situations. That's why they gave the role to these guys and to Jennifer Lawrence.
    Glad you like the pics :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Custie
    I was choosing that pic of Heigl very very carefully :)

    @Lurk
    glad you like the FIRE AND ICE artwork, Lurk! And go get yourself a favicon too :)

    @Jaccsy
    Frazetta always had amazing art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an impressively famous ensemble cast for New Year's Eve. But I'm not so sure there's many great actors in there apart from a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The concept art for FIRE AND ICE reminds me a lot of Boris Vallejo work. In a good way. That new Robert Zemeckis sounds like it could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll see New Year's Eve because I only see fun stuff in December.
    Fire & Ice artwork is simply fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Dan
    it's true, not many great actors among them, but each of them has a really short part in the film

    @Josh
    never heard of Vallejo, must check him out. This is Frazetta's work, and you know him from CONAN and many other similar works.

    @Mary
    that's my rule as well - December is for festive and fun stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gale looks like he's going to a job interview? What post-apocalyptic hunting teenager tucks his freakin' shirt in? Peeta looks about right, but fuck...what did they do to Gale?

    ReplyDelete
  19. is it just me, or does Katherine Heigl look like Britney Spears in that pict? And hmmm... that cover of EW isn't doing it for me. Those guys look too OLD for Hunger Games. To me, a big part of the tragedy of THG was that the MCs were children... I guess Gale was older, but I don't know. We'll see~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hunger games should have boys and not men.

    Fire and Ice would be awesom if they could capture the feeling in those paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dezzy - I can't believe the kid from Jurassic Park is all grown up. I still picture him as little. It'll be fun to see him older. As for Katherine H - I have to agree with Leigh. She does look like BS in that pic. LOL. Oh well, they're both gorgeous.

    Hope you're having a fab evening, Dezzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Ben
    I've no idea who is Gale and who is Peeta between two of them :) but I know that they deliberately went for young men and not for boys, which I personally support. Kids have no place in violent movies.

    @Leigh
    ah, Britney can only dream of being as pretty and talented and charismatic as Katherine :) As you remember, we talked about it earlier, and you know what is my attitude of kids in violent books and films

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Budd
    I do hope that FIRE AND ICE will really have the feeling and the atmosphere and the spirit of Frazetta's art!

    @Shells
    he really is grown up as you can see if you click the red letters in the post.
    A tired evening for me :) I've been working a lot whole summer and I'm feeling tired a bit. Hope you're summer is more relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The concept art from Fire and Ice is gorgeous. I love Frank Frazetta and have a poster of several of his prints. My favorite is The Wolfman, of course. It hangs over my bed. Can't get enough of those furry creatures. ;)

    New Year's Eve looks great and of course I can't wait for The Hunger Games. That should be a fantastic film.

    ReplyDelete
  25. two brand new trailers coming up in 20 minutes too, Melsy, and there's an actor you love in one of them :)
    You can also find some new pics from HUNGER GAMES around the net today, which I probably won't be posting since I had a bit too much of the project by now :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. heya dezzy!
    whoo hoo! i was dropping in for a fix of my favorite spy (who i've been missing dearly!) and i landed on a hunger games post! whoo hoo!!!
    AND!!!
    did you see joe mazzello in THE PACIFIC?
    it's a hbo miniseries along the lines of BAND OF BROTHERS- but taking place on the pacific side of the war. mazzello had one of the main roles, and wow! great actor. he was great as a kid- especially in THE CURE, and it's awesome that he hasn't lost it. i'm glad he's getting more work!
    hope things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. hey, Vics, missed ya too!

    No, I haven't watched THE PACIFIC but I did love BAND OF BROTHERS a lot.
    I hate all the horrible things Americans did there in the Pacific and in Japan, so I tried to avoid watching the show because it would just make me mad and angry.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Hemsworth brothers are conquering Hollywood! :) I don't mind it of course, both are so good looking. Perhaps this is Liam's chance to shine... well until The Avengers comes out of course.

    Sorry Dezzy but I have zero interest in seeing NY Eve... nobody in the cast except maybe Pfeiffer appeals to me. If it were up to me, I'll make an ensemble heist comedy with the best of the Brit/Aussie pack like Butler, Fassbender, Bana, etc. :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. yes, you won't see me complaining about anything Hemsworth related either :)
    I'm also not overly amazed by the cast of NEW YEAR EVE but I do love heartwarming films like that and I feel we must fight the forces of darkness which have taken over Hollywood with their morbid and grim movies :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fire and Ice looks amazing! I love the old school fantasy feel (a lot like the uber cheesy 80s fantasies - bring it on!)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.