Wednesday, February 16, 2011

JUDE LAW TO GO ON "THE LAST VOYAGE OF DEMETER"! MICHELLE PFEIFFER & HELENA BONHAM CARTER IN TIM BURTON'S "DARK SHADOWS". DARREN ARONOFSKY DIRECTING SF EPIC "NOAH"! JEREMY IRONS & KIM CATTRALL IN "THE TREEHOUSE"

Oooh, this is super exciting, my favourite Jude Law has just scored the lead role in THE LAST VOYAGE OF DEMETER,  a spooky period vampire adventure following the ship called Demeter, which is transporting Dracula's coffin from Transylvania to London. Along the way, passengers and crew members are brutally murdered. When the ship washes up on shore, only one survivor remains: Count Dracula. Ben Kingsley will probably play the Dracula himself, who will, according to "MovieWeb", be similar to the xenomorph in the sci-fi film ALIEN.

SHORT HEADLINES *Wentworth Miller will star in ANALOG, a film about an introverted genius who tries to find a love connection in an increasingly digital world. * Here's a lovely cast - Jeremy Irons, Kim Cattrall and Tom Sturridge will star in THE TREEHOUSE, a film set in pre-World War I Germany following a failed student, his glamorous cousin, her mother and the student's father.* Peter Greenaway will direct 4 STORMS AND 2 BABIES, a film which centers on a woman who becomes pregnant after a night of three-way sex with two different men. Intriguing! * Darren Aronofsky is preparing NOAH, a sci-fi adaptation of the Noah’s Ark tale from the Book of Genesis, but since it will be an adaptation of a graphic novel, it will be dark, shocking and not at all clean-cut.

It seems that Tim Burton is moving on with casting the actors for his remake of vampire classic DARK SHADOWS. After signing Johnny Depp in the lead role of a crazy vampire, he now wants Michelle Pfeiffer and his wife Helena Bonham Carter too. Pfeiffer will play the owner of the Collinwood estate where the story takes place, while Bonham Carter could play Dr. Julia Hoffman, who specializes in rare blood disorders and moves into the estate. As you remember, the original was a highly atmospheric, spooky TV soap-opera that featured vampires, monsters, witches, werewolves, ghosts and zombies.

21 comments:

  1. Lots of quirky folks up there. Let's see if their films end up as weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, it was a day of vampirish and strange films :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then I dare you to accept this challenge: Taking a nice trip with that spooky vampire ship Demeter :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be afraid, Jaccsy, vampires have nothing on me, especially the energetic vampires we are surrounded with :) I'm a Van Helsing for such creatures :) And I would never refuse to be Jude's little helper :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. but I seriously doubt all that :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. well then put on your vampire teeth and try me, you will see what happens ;PP

    ReplyDelete
  7. A day of my favorite kind of movies, I see. I can't resist dark, vampiric tales, nor anything set around WWI. I think you'd make an excellent assistant vampire hunter to Jude Law. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn Jude has been kicking ass lately! For some reason I can't stop watching Repo man when I'm bored lmfao! *I'ma loser*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like I seen the story that you've described for Demeter--wasnt' there another movie similar to this--a German movie maybe.

    Noah sounds like it could be interesting, but why not just make a good definitive version of the actual Bible story.

    Lee
    the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Helena, but doesn't Tim Burton know how to cast anyone else besides her and Johnny Depp? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Nat at RA FanBlog: you have a point, but when you know some actors so well, you then know exactly how to direct them, so you don't waste too much time, and I don't think a lot of movie makers have this luck. But you're right, they are overused by Burton haha Some new faces would be welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooo, that VOD sounds AWESOME--super creepy! And Jude Law looks very nice~ :D Well, HBC is Mrs. Burton now, isn't she~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Burton certainly has his favorites, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Melissa
    thanks my dear, you just earned yourself a title of the vampire hunting sergeant in our army :)

    @Falsy
    REPO MEN? Are you practicing for some future job opportunity? :)))

    @Bud
    it will be dark and interesting

    @Arlee
    I also think I've seen the story more than once but there were many such films about horrors happening on an isolated ship

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Nat
    he kinda annoys me too, with that habit of his. I mean I like Helena, but I'm not into Burton.

    @Lucinda
    they are definitely overused and abused :)

    @Leigh
    ah, Leigh, you and your acronyms :) You do know that us who are not native speakers have problems with acronyms :)

    @Alex
    can't imagine what will happen when his and Helena's kids grow up and become actors ....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ouch, that corset Helena is wearing looks painful. Sounds like it needs two people to tie that thing so tightly! I'm w/ you about Burton, haven't really seen much of his work but man he does love his wife so much, doesn't he? Maybe he just doesn't want to be apart from her that's why he cast her in so many of his movies :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. THE LAST VOYAGE OF DEMETER doesn't sound like it has a lot of plot but meh, I'd probably go see it anyway. However, DARK SHADOWS sounds better. Aaah, Johnny...

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Flixy
    that isn't entirely true, Flixy, since I remember the stories about Burton and Helena actually living in separate houses even though they are married :) So he is obviously able to be apart from her :) They are such quirky people :) I did watch a lot of his films, and I respect and love his visual style, but he never really touched me or moved me with a story or direction.

    @Lyndy
    ah, yes, you likey Johnny :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ugh! not another vampire movie!
    and seriously, burton ROCKS!!! but why oh why does he think depp and bonham-carter need to be in EVERY SINGLE movie he makes!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. vampires will suck all our blood, it seems :(

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.