Tuesday, February 15, 2011

JAMES MCAVOY TO PLAY ELTON JOHN IN A MUSICAL BIOPIC! KATHERINE MCPHEE IN NBC'S NEW MUSICAL SHOW "SMASH". JESSE METCALFE & JOSH HENDERSON AS MAIN HUNKS IN NEW "DALLAS"

You've probably already heard that sir Elton John is planning to make a film about his life, and since his life was quite crazy and wild, the biopic will actually be a surreal musical similar to the famous MOULIN ROUGE  movie. And since the producers are hunting for an actor who knows how to act and sing, Elton has admitted that they have offered the title role to no one else but James McAvoy! I kinda love the idea of McAvoy doing what Ewan McGregor did in MOULIN ROUGE!

You already know that, after the success of GLEE, NBC is now preparing their own musical TV show, which will be called SMASH and will follow a set of characters who come together to mount a Broadway musical inspired by the silver screen icon Marylin Monroe. The lead actress in the
cast will be gorgeous Katharine McPhee, the singer and AMERICAN IDOL star, who will play a beautiful struggling actress who tries to get the role of Marylin. Produced by Stephen Spielberg, SMASH will also have Debra Messing (WILL AND GRACE) playing a coreographer, and Jack Davenport (COUPLING) as a lyricist.

HOLLYWOOD SPY has informed you recently that the famous DALLAS soap will continue soon over at TNT, and that some of the original cast member will be returning almost twenty years after the series finale: Larry Hagman will play evil JR again, Linda Gray will again be his wife Sue Ellen while Patrick Duffy will play Bobby Ewing in the new show. I've also told you that young Jordana Brewster will play the girl
stuck in a love triangle between JR's and Bobby's sons, and according to latest news the two sons, the main stars of the new show, will be played by two megahunks - Josh Henderson and Jesse  Metcalfe (both from DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES). I'm
already sold :)

The upcoming fantasy horror ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER has added a new female member to its cast. Gorgeous Australian actress Robin McLeavy will join Benjamin Walker (as Lincoln) and Dominic Cooper (As his mentor in vampire slaying) in the role of Mary Todd, Lincoln's wife, in the story of the American president who, in his free time, hunts down and kills vampires, while Mary stays at home to take care of the family. Directed by Timur Bekmambetov, the film should arrive to cinemas summer 2012.

25 comments:

  1. Umm, not a fan of Elton... oh well, I'd rather see McAvoy in anything else but this :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm the first commenter for once! Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm not overly into Elton either, but the idea of a MOULIN ROUGE musical and James singing in it is absolutely attractive for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thinking of Dallas takes me back to my childhood. It's pretty cool that it's an actual sequel of sorts instead of a remake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep, Ricks, it's interesting that it will be a sequel and not a remake, a refreshed visit to DALLAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY MY FAVORITE ENTERTAINMENT BLOGGER! *Licks Dezzy's bald head* xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. he he ... you're crazy, Falsy :))) Hope the day brought you something or someone chocolaty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, how could I not wish you a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to you Dezzy... well here's wishing you much love and happiness in your world, dear friend!

    Oh, and thanks for the news about DALLAS, that is interesting the original cast members are taking part. I'll be sure to watch that for nostalgia sake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dallas was a staple of my young years. I used to sneak and watch it while the babysitter was occupied. ;) Love the hunks they got.

    James McAvoy as Elton...could be interesting.

    Hope you had a smokin' hot V Day, Dez. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. McLeavy was very good in The Loved Ones, I hope she can do better in Abraham Lincoln.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think i'd watch mcavoy in just about anything... heck! i suffered through the jolie factor to see him star in WANTED! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I won't say anything negative about Moulin Rouge but I do hope they don't get too outlandish with the Elton John movie. I like surrealistic, but not silly. There's a lot of good music in Elton's catalog.

    Okay, and now I'm really sold on the Abraham Lincoln movie. Except that doesnt' look anything like Mary Todd Lincoln.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out and the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

    ReplyDelete
  13. It will be interesting to see what they do with Dallas. Glee works so well because they counter-act the cheese with some wicked comedy; I wonder if Smash (sounds like creamed potato) will offer the same.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa. Katherine McPhee looks freaking hot.

    I am surprised the majority choose Emily Blunt to play Lois Lane. I love Blunt, like a lot, but when I think of Lois Lane, I think of an all-American city girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Flixy
    thanks for the lovely wishes, but alas, my Valentines was spent in the company of my computer and the book I'm translating :(
    I knew you would enjoy the info on DALLAS :)

    @Melissa
    I liked DALLAS too as a kid, although I did enjoy DYNASTY more back then :) Thanks, hope you had some nice adventures at Valentines yesterday :)

    @Jaccsy
    yes, she really was nice in THE LOVED ONES ;) Hope she will move to Hollywood with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Vics
    I hear you sister, we sometimes really have to undergo all kinds of horrible things to enjoy a film with McAvoy :) We have to survive Jolie, Knightley etc. It's true that he usually has horrible partners in films :)


    @Arlee
    yep, you better not :P
    Did you know Mary Todd personally? :PPP
    Glad you like the pics this time, Lee :)

    @Michael
    Well I'm not sure whether it will have comedic parts, but I guess it will since they have two great comedians Davenport and Messing in the cast.

    @Jonathon
    don't forget that Henry Cavill, the new SUPERMAN, is also British ;) It's about time to get some classy posh people in the roles of Superheroes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAHA, I love that you say classy and posh, just because I alluded to British.

    If Blunt did end up playing that part, I suppose she could take cues from her all-American husband.

    ReplyDelete
  18. indeed she could, and I admit I'd personally also take any kind of cues from Krasinski :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love McAvoy but he doesn't look a bit like Elton...
    I love Hagman but I'm surprised he wants to do the part, he's so old. My son is currently watching seasons of I Dream of Jeannie. Could they make him look like that again!?

    ReplyDelete
  20. All I have to say is that is one sexy ass pose from Katharine McPhee! Always nice with the pictures Dez!

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Clarissa
    uh, never watched nor heard of I DREAM OF JEANNIE,unfortunately ... But in DALLAS he is supposed to be old :)

    @Matty
    ah, you know me, dear Matty, always here to satisfy the needs of my readers :)))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Moulin Rouge style could be very interesting.

    Smash is my husband's nightmare. He runs quick whenever I turn Glee on.

    ReplyDelete
  23. he he .... can't imagine your husband's ordeals :))) I love musicals, so I wouldn't have problems with musicals :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dallas soap, again? I'm literary crying haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh, please, Doo, you weren't even born when DALLAS was on :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.