Monday, February 7, 2011

FIRST TRAILER AND GREAT NEW IMAGES FROM "CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER" WITH CHRIS EVANS, TOMMY LEE JONES & HUGO WEAVING!

It's here, it's finally here - after being postponed a month ago, because the producers wanted to work a bit more on it, the trailer for this summer's big super hero film CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER is here. But you might get a heart attack after you see Chris Evans' body in the teaser :)  You can also check out some new pics and posters featuring Captain America, the cool Hydra soldiers and other characters.

Directed by Joe Johnston (who hasn't really proved himself so far having done some rather bad films like HIDALGO, THE WOLFMAN and JUMANJI) the film stars Chris Evans as Steve Rogers aka Captain America (Chris has signed to appear as Captain America in six different movies including THE AVENGERS),
Tommy Lee Jones as Col. Chester Phillips, Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter, Sebastian Stan as James 'Bucky' Barnes, Richard Armitage as Heinz Kruger, Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull, Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark, Stanley Tucci, Natalie Dormer, Neal McDonough ...

Born during the Great Depression, Steve Rogers grew up a frail youth in a poor family. Horrified by the newsreel footage of the Nazis in Europe, Rogers was inspired to enlist in the army. However, because of his frailty and sickness, he was rejected. Overhearing the boy’s earnest plea, General Chester Phillips offered Rogers the opportunity to take part in a special experiment - Operation: Rebirth. After weeks of tests, Rogers was at last administered the "Super Soldier Serum" and bombarded by "vita-rays". Steve Rogers emerged from the treatment with a body as perfect as a body can be and still be human. Rogers was then put through an intensive physical and tactical training program.
Three months later, he was given his first assignment as Captain America. Armed with his indestructible shield and and battle savvy, Captain America has continued his war against evil both as a sentinel of liberty and leader of the Avengers.

32 comments:

  1. Flat.. Nothing is interesting from this trailer. I prefer 'Super 8' one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you, Jaccsy :( Now it's clear why the studio had postponed the release of the trailer earlier - this is just not exciting at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, I think it looks pretty exciting. But then, I'm easily wooed by things that go boom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think super 8 has me hooked on this one...this movie...I'd rather wait to see it on cable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, Chris looks hot, but this movie looks meh to me. It has an outstanding cast, though, so who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! What do I think? I think it works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm not sure... i'm kinda getting super-heroed out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could use some of that "super soldier serum". Not to be a soldier, but just to be a bit more super than I am now.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out and the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

    ReplyDelete
  9. This wouldn't make me want to see the flick. Really boring.
    I know nothing of Captain America saga but if he's so perfect why does he need a cumbersome shield?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for this movie, I think its going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just did a mini post about this a few mins ago :) I think it will end up interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The trailer was a bit disappointing but I will not let that deter me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! Thanks for that, Dezzy! I didn't know the story of Captain America. I feel so informed now... :D And I like the colors of the movie--I know some people don't go for that, but I think it looks nice, esp. w/that time setting~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw the new trailer last night - I thought it looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Emily
    it's hard to resist things that go boom :)

    @Thundercat
    glad you liked it, Falsy :)

    @Melissa
    it's meh to me too, especially since I can't stand Hayley Atwell and she dominates half of the teaser :)

    @Clarissa
    glad you like it, Claris'

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Vics
    I agree with you :(

    @Matty
    not my kind of film,but it was exciting :)

    @Arlee
    we could all use it, we all could, Lee! :)

    @Mary
    now, how can seminaked Chris Evans be boring? :))))

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Zoe
    glad you think so :)

    @Doo
    I shall pop over immediately :)

    @Holly
    that's the spirit, the long trailer might be better later on

    @Leigh
    ah, yes, colours always count :)

    @Alex
    glad you enjoyed it, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  18. can't comment...busy having a heart attack ;)
    LOVE the poster too. Nice art.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Lyndy
    he he ... :) breathe, sister, breathe .. :)

    @MPax
    it is :)

    @AssortedNews
    it could be!

    ReplyDelete
  20. a very tiny peek, like you and many have said,a bit of a flat trailer hopefully a better one will be released soon

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joe Johnston did The Rocketeer, which was about a hero (though he has no superpowers) set in the Nazi era. I like that one so I have hope for this. But among the other superhero flicks out this year, Cap. America isn't on my top must-see list. I still might see it in theater though, after all Richard Armitage is in this :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Dempsey
    yep, Dempsey, we shall have to wait for a longer trailer to see what's the real deal!

    @Flixy
    I remember that you wrote about THE ROCKETEER at your place :) And I see the girls are already excited about Dicky being in this film :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Trailer looks good enough to me. I didn't expect much, but at least this film has a different setting (World War 2).
    I'll still have a hard time to believe in that character. Some character origins and designs are so flawed or outdated that no amount of modernisation could make then believable.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 'tis not a trailer it's only a short TV spot, which is why I'm still optimistic that the real long trailer might give us something more ... although they did cancel it before because it wasn't good enough .. so I'm not sure if my optimism is based on reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Funny that I was more excited about the villain in The Rocketeer (Timothy Dalton) and the same with this movie. I hope RA gets a decent amount of screen time. Oh and I love Hugo Weaving too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. While the trailer isn't all that awesome, perhaps they are trying not to show us all the good stuff (which sometimes seems to happen with action movies). We can only hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  27. it's possible, Eric, it's possible, although it's a risky business :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank You Dezmond! I can't wait for this movie! When I was watched Fantastic 4 Chris Evans was really funny there. I have to say that he has something more than only buffed body. Can't wait for Heinz Kruger too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. he does, Jonia, he has a magnetic charisma and seductive sense of humor :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.