Wednesday, February 23, 2011

EXCITING TRAILER FOR STEVEN SPIELBERG'S SF SHOW "FALLING SKIES"! MINNI DRIVER IS CBS' "HAIL MARY". SPACE OPERA "STAR BLAZERS" GETTING HOLLYWOOD ADAPTATION!

We've noticed recently that a lot of actors whose careers have gone down in the film world have moved into the TV world, and here's a fresh example: Minnie Driver will take the lead role in CBS new show with an interesting name HAIL MARY.
In the new TV series, Minnie's character will be a suburban mom-turned-private eye who teams up with a streetwise hustler to solve crimes. The show will be set and shot in Atlanta.

SHORT HEADLINES *The writer of VALKYRIE and JAKE THE GIANT KILLER has been hired to pen the script for the new English language film adaptation of STAR BLAZERS, famous Japanese space opera which involves alien invasions, the near extinction of the human race, and space travel. Click to watch the trailer for the Asian version (which brought HOLLYWOOD SPY 6,000 visitors in one day back when I published it last year)*Oh, dear Lord, we knew our new Superman, Henry Cavill (click to see his fresh hot pics from the set of COLD LIGHT OF THE DAY)
has been named the most unlucky man in Hollywood because he almost got the lead roles in JAMES BOND, BATMAN BEGINS, previous SUPERMAN and TWILIGHT, but lost them all, but he recently revealed that he also lost the leading role in 300 because he was fighting to get the James Bond role at that moment. Zack Snyder then gave the role of the Spartan king to Gerard Butler, but  he is now giving Cavill another chance to play in his film through new SUPERMAN. Cavill as Leonidas ... why, oh, why, we didn't see that?!?

 HOLLYWOOD SPY has written before about the new sf/disaster TV series FALLING SKIES which is coming to TNT this summer starring Noah Wyle and produced by Steven Spielberg and here's a new trailer for the exciting show which promises to bring us some fun similar to last year's THE WALKING DEAD. In the show, Noah Wyle plays a former college professor who becomes the leader of a group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying alien force while Moon Bloodgood is a therapist who works with the surviving children to help them cope with the traumatic situation.

30 comments:

  1. Ooh! Looks like some really great stuff coming out! And poor Henry Cavill, though I must say I can't seem him playing any of those roles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I STILL think Henry would have made a better Edward... *stops to make sure RP fans aren't throwing cyber tomatoes at me* And, yes! Where has Minnie been? Hail Mary sounds like it has potential... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Emily
    you can't? :) I totally can :)

    @Donea
    Minnie has been busy with Mickey somewhere :) Did you know that Minnie Driver is also a singer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Falling Skies looks like it's going to be interesting.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  5. A TV show in the summer is not that great of an idea to me, but what do I know. Falling Skies sounds like my cup of tea--or in the summer my mug of cold beer.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gonna have to give Falling Skies a shot.
    Lee's right, a mug of beer and aliens -- what more could you ask.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was distracted by shirtless Henry. ;) Falling Skies is looking better and better. It'll be great to see Minnie again. I've always liked her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm all right with hot movies stars coming to TV!

    Also, love the trailer, it looks so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG you must read my mind or some shit Deezy because I was just watching this long ass clip for the show and IM HOOKED! It has this Independence day feel mixed with a little Skyline!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Star Blazers! I watched that all the time as a kid. Okay, as a young teen as well. What can I say, I was a geek!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, I've never been a Minnie Driver film, which is painful for me to admit because Good Will Hunting is one of my all-time favorite films.

    Cavill as Leonidas would have indeed been epic. This talented guy's lucky is finally changing for the good!

    And right on! Very good trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Add into Cavill's bad luck that Superman is allegedly a cursed role, and now he's REALLY got something to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Falling Skies makes me think of the original V
    Looks cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Masy
    glad you like it

    @Arlee
    I personally find summer shows quite refreshing, because they are usually done in the form of a TV event with good marketing and just 5 to 10 episodes which helps them easily mark the whole season with their programme. Last year it happened with PILLARS and now it might happen with this.

    @MAry
    I'd ask for a mug of Pepsi light :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Melissa
    but I'm sure you didn't mind the distraction at all, now did you? :)))

    @Clarissa
    yep, we need more hotness on TV :))

    @Falsy
    glad you like it, Falsy, you will have guaranteed action this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Alex
    I remember that you said how you liked STAR BLAZERS as a kid

    @Matty
    I'm not her fan either, but I'm also not a fan of Damon and GOOD WILL :)
    And yes, wouldn't it have been great if Cavill was a Spartan?

    @Jemi
    it does :)

    @Mj
    it is a cursed role just like JAmes Bond one is. But unlike, other Supermen and Bonds Cavill has so much charisma and talent, that I hope he will overcome the curse

    @Lyndy
    original V was soooo great :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Walking Dead with aliens? I absolutely want to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah, I'll be watching Falling Skies. I really like Noah Wyle, so for that alone I'll be watching. Plus, it just looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Falling Skies looks like my kind of show. I do see a bit of, "War of the Worlds" mentality.

    Poor Henry, I loved him on "Tudors" soon he will be flying the friendly not falling skies. He will over come, the almost curse.

    Minnie has pipes, she was in the "Phantom of the Opera" w/Gerard Butler. I liked her on the
    show, "The Riches" gypsy family gone way wrong.
    "Hail Mary" may be worth checking out~

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Jaccsy
    just a few more months and you will be able to do it ;)

    @Eric
    it does look interesting and exciting and dynamic, lets hope they won't disappoint us.

    @Ella
    yep, he will overcome all obstacles and curses, and we are here to help him :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Dezzy, now you're the one not paying attention in class :D I mentioned about Henry being called 'unluckiest man in Hollywood' back in 2009 when he was cast in Immortals – http://wp.me/pxXPC-5C I think EMPIRE magazine was the one who dubbed him that, but now I'm glad he's no longer 'unlucky!'

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, and YAY for Minnie! She's such an underrated actress. I'd love to see her every week and she'd make a fine PE. Wonder who her male co-star would be... it'd be great if this were the same show Jason Isaac is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, excuse mua mademoiselle :) but this is not the first time I mention the roles Cavill missed :) I've written about it previously too :)
    I really can't wait any longer for the IMMORTALS trailer, they really need to give us something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everyone should hire Henry. I'd watch whatever it is. Happily.

    OOoo! Space opera! Excellent.

    Who could forget you, Dez?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, yes, hire Henry in all films instead of James Franco and Ann Hathaway :))
    People tend to forget their spy when the going gets tough :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh poor guy. He's so goodlooking and a good actor as far as I remember. Hope he has a luckier 2011.

    True, James Franco is nice, but he doesn't have to be in all films now.

    6000 hits in one day. How did you do that? Just with the trailor? I smell promoting and social networking skills.
    Nahno ∗ McLein

    ReplyDelete
  27. to be honest it was almost 7,000 visits that day not just 6,000 :) but now I have between 1400 to 1800 visits a day :)
    I don't do any promoting, just posting things that will lure people in and make them feel nice and energized :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is amazing the amount of hits you get Dezzy, but I guess that's what you get for being fabulous ;)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.