Thursday, February 24, 2011

CRAZY TRAILER FOR "BAD TEACHER" WITH CAMERON DIAZ & JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE. JESSICA BIEL JOINS GERARD BUTLER IN "PLAYING THE FIELD". ZOMBIES GET NEW RIVALS IN "ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS". CHRISTINA RICCI TO FLY "PAN AM"

As I said yesterday many forgotten film actors are moving to TV, and here's today's example: according to "MovieWeb" Christina Ricci might join ABC's new show called PAN AM trying out her luck in the world of television series. Following the trend of MAD MEN in being set in the 1960's, the nighttime soap will revolve around pilots and flight attendants (or stewardesses, as they were known then) at the once-dominant airline. The show is written by ER producers.

Well, after they ruined Atlanta and are preparing to attack Jane Austen, Hollywood zombies  will also have to deal with some tough rivals in ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS. Produced by Michael Bay the film will follow
a young girl who is the last human left on Earth after a worldwide zombie outbreak. But she is protected from the fierce zombies by a group of robots.

Now, here's a not so interesting film with quite an attractive cast: Gerard Butler and Jessica Biel will star in PLAYING THE FIELD, a film about a former pro soccer player who finds himself dodging romantic advances from soccer moms after he agrees to coach his son's youth team in an attempt to bond with the boy. Jessica Biel will play Gerard's ex wife, while almost forgotten Uma Thurman will play one of the moms who is set to seduce the coach. Where does Butler find all these horrible projects when he has charisma for great projects?

And you might also check out the first trailer for BAD TEACHER. The film follows a foul-mouthed, ruthless, and inappropriate teacher (Cameron Diaz). She drinks, she gets high, and she can't wait to marry her meal ticket and get out of her bogus day job. When she's dumped by her fiancé, she sets her plan in motion to win over a rich, handsome substitute(Justin Timberlake) competing for his affections with an overly energetic colleague, Amy (Lucy Punch). When she also finds herself fighting off the advances of a sarcastic, irreverent gym teacher (Jason Segel), the consequences of her wild and outrageous schemes give her students, her coworkers, and even herself an education like no other. The crazy film is out this June.

25 comments:

  1. Sounds like a typical Cameron Diaz film... lol. Playing the Field sounds hilarious. And I don't watch TV, but since I work for an airline, I may have to watch that new one with Christina Ricci.. I really like her anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, duty orders you to watch PAN AM ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That movie is so funny! The sad thing is all the students in the movie couldn't see the final product because of all the swearing... *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZOMBIES VS. ROBOTS?! That's just a perfect pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JASON SEGEL!!!! :) :)
    be still my heart!
    AND phyllis from the office! i love her! bad teacher looks like a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Bad Teacher looks hilarious. And she reminds me of several someones who influenced my teen years. Thanks to them I have a filthy mouth and a love of beer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always liked Christina Ricci; but none of these appeal to me.

    Uuugh, TV just isn't interesting any more . .

    .........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bad Teacher looks pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet every teacher wished they could get away with what Cameron Diaz did in that trailer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. um......... I am seeing that Cameron D movie, fo sho.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Alex
    I knew it would be your kind of combination

    @Lyndy
    bad, indeed, I'm putting you into detention missy :)

    @Clarissa
    yes, I wouldn't really recommend that movie for kids, just for adults :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Emily
    it's definitely a crazy one :)

    @Vics
    you have a soft spot for Segel? :)))

    @Melissa
    maybe we should give you your own sitcom, you seem like you have quite a character :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Donna
    yes, Donna, the beginning of the year is always a poor time in the movie news department :(

    @Zoe
    it does, indeed :)

    @Jaccsy
    I personally didn't :) I loved my students, even the bad ones :) And it's interesting that the bad students usually end up loving you more later on when they leave the school, which is very weird, but true.

    @Jonathon
    glad you like it, Jonathon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! "A not so interesting film w/an attractive cast." good one! And that Bad Teacher sounds goood... ;p

    I did see my boy was on your blog yesterday, but see? That to me isn't MY fellow... it's something about that expression. And not fair! You made a banner for PK!!! And I LOVE it~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Re: Gerry Berry's project – I know Dezzy, I'm not too enthused about it either. I thought at first it sounds more like a drama but now it turns out to be more rom-com like :( I'm not crazy about Biel but Uma, hmmm, maybe they can have a nice chemistry together.

    Why can't he do the BURNS biopic instead??! Now I'm sure you'll like the costumes in that one Dez.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Leigh
    you want a banner too? Tell me how much you're paying and we can negotiate :))))

    @Flixy
    I want to see Gerry in some huge adventure, in some space opera, things like that ... I do love me some romcoms, but he's only acting in those or in sports films.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zombies vs Robots sounds kind of fun, but I don't the Zombies have a chance against Robots.
    I'd go back to school if I could have a bad teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gerard Butler and Henry Cavill would be great in the same movie. Really great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Arlee
    wait till you see Friday post in less then 30 minutes :) There will be zombies again :)

    @MPax
    it would be a film hotter than hell itself :)

    @Lyndy
    quiet there, Missy, in the last row, once you're in detention you have no right to speak until the teacher says so :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ M Pax, oh my! If that happens I just might spontaneously combust!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will spontaneously combust with you if that happens, Flixy :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. No matter the role she plays, or the fact that she is grown...Ricci always reminds me of her role as Wendy in the Adam's Family:)

    Not sure I will watch Playing Field, as I do not like Biel's acting.

    Bad Teacher...lol, sounds like an American teacher, except they forgot to add child molestation to her achievements.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.