Sunday, February 20, 2011

CHARMING TRAILER FOR "SOMETHING BORROWED" WITH KATE HUDSON & JOHN KRASINSKI. EDDIE REDMAYNE & BLAKE LIVELY IN "HICK". STEVE CARELL & MERYL STREEP IN "GREAT HOPE SPRINGS"

Charismatic young Brit Eddie Redmayne (whom we loved in THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH and BLACK DEATH) has joined equally charismatic beauty Blake Lively in HICK. An adaptation of the novel that follows a 13-year-old girl running away from Nebraska to Las Vegas will have Lively playing a grifter who meets the girl on the road and takes her under her wing, while Redmayne will play another loner who tries luring the girl away and also shares a past with Lively. Eddie Redmayne will also be seen in MY WEEK WITH MARYLIN alongside Michelle Williams next year.

SHORT HEADLINES *Steve Carell might join GREAT HOPE SPRINGS a film in which Meryl Streep will be part of a married couple of 31 years who have lost the spark in their marriage.
They escape for a weekend therapy trip to try and rekindle their love for one another and Carell might play their marriage councilor. *For some reason MGM is planning tones of new remakes including ROBOCOP, POLTERGEIST, MR.MOM (the classic with Michael Keaton) and HERCULES (the cheesy epic with Lou Ferrigno).* CLASH OF THE TITANS director Louis Leterrier will direct NOW YOU SEE ME  a film about a crack FBI squad in a game of cat-and-mouse against a super-team of the world's greatest illusionists, who pull off a series of daring bank heists during their performances and shower the profits onto their audiences.

Today you can check out the first trailer for romantic drama SOMETHING BORROWED about Rachel (Ginnifer Goodwin) a talented attorney at a top New York law firm, a generous and loyal friend and, unhappily, still single... as her engaged best friend Darcy (Kate Hudson) is constantly reminding her. But after one drink too many at her 30th birthday party, good girl Rachel unexpectedly ends up in bed with the guy she's had a crush on since law school, Dex (Colin Egglesfield), who just happens to be Darcy's fiancé. When Rachel and Darcy's lifelong friendship collides with true love, it leads to unexpected complications and potentially explosive romantic revelations. Meanwhile, Ethan (John Krasinski), who has been Rachel's constant confidante and sometimes conscience, has been harboring a secret of his own. The charming film is out this May.

23 comments:

  1. I don't think all these remakes are necessary. Really. Robocop was good at its time and served its purpose. Get over it and make something new. My opinion.
    Nahno ∗ McLein

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, Nahno, most of us don't think remakes are necessary, but alas Hollywood has different opinion :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a great fan of Steve Carell, yet a huge fan of Meryl Streep.

    Something Borrowed, sounds a bit of fun :)

    Oh, your room is ready, good sir. And it's very posh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since Blake Lively is in Hick, I'm going to have to watch it! Although, that story doesn't interest me even remotely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eddie Redmayne was awesome in Pillars and needs to work more. I'm interested in seeing him with Michelle Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are there no original thoughts in Hollywood? Great Hope Springs and Something Borrowed are *borrowed* story lines to say the least. And they wonder why the box office receipts are in free fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Wendy
    I'm not Steve's fan either, never really understood why they give him roles.
    I shall send my Elven guard to expect the premises :)

    @Matty
    ah, yes, I know you kinda have hots for Blake Lively :) And, yes, it is a film we shall watch for actors not for the film itself :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Beyond
    she is? :)

    @Melissa
    he really needs to work more and we really need to see him more often :) PILLARS had a lot of amazing young British talents - David Oats, Sam Clufflin, Eddie ...

    @Mary
    yep, Hollywood's favourite pastime is borrowing and stealing things :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heart John Krasinski, but I cannot stand Kate Hudson. Oddly enough, I love her mother...

    Have I ever thanked you, Dez, for having the best blog in existence? I appreciate the quality of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't see how Robocop and Poltergeist can be improved, but I might be wrong.

    I have a blog award for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Jonathon
    I'm not overly into Hudson (nor into her mother) either.
    Well, now you have :) Thanks, glad you enjoy it so much, I know I do :)

    @Medeia
    well, thank you my dear, I shall proudly display it in my sidebar! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool beans! Thanks for the updates. I knew I could count on you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Remaking Poltergeist as well? Why? I just watched the original recently and while a little dated, it's still very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw...the romantic in me likes the look of SOMETHING BORROWED :)
    I don't know about the remake of MR MOM. The whole concept of that is a tad dated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, this 'Something Borrowed' is soooo not my kind of movie... BUT that Colin guy definitely begs me to make this one an exception! Why in the world have I not heard of him before?? Dezzy, he's almost TOO good looking it's criminal. I might have to stomach Kate Hudson and rent this one when it comes out. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. something borrowed looks pretty funny

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Alex
    ah, we could ask that question for pretty much any of the upcoming remakes :(

    @Lyndy
    me likey SOMETHING BORROWED too :) it will be a great movie for a nice Sunday evening :)

    @Flixy
    well, I haven't noticed his Royal Hotness before either :) Although I'll watch the film more for Krasinski than for him :)

    @Jon
    it does :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love watching modern chick flick trailer. They make me want to write. I always think I could write something better. However, I do love Krasinsky.

    ReplyDelete
  19. He he he it's true, romantic films usually inspire people to write :) because they usually have charming twists and lovable characters.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am enjoying Eddie Redmayne's acting in "Pillars..." but that show is just getting so soapy and tiresome. I almost don't want to watch it anymore. We are almost at the end, though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. yes,it's true, PILLARS weren't as good as some other historical series in last few years such as THE TUDORS or SPARTACUS or some mini series. I watched it solely for some of the amazing young actors Eddie, Sam Claflin, David Oakes, and for Rufus Sewel, but there was also some really really bad acting in it (queen Maud, Tom Builder's little daughter etc)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.